Despite our world having to change and some courses being remote, the CU School of Dental Medicine’s Class of 2021 continued to achieve major milestones and were able to pursue their passions in dentistry.
Eighty-one students earned their Doctor of Dental Surgery degrees, including the first two students to graduate from the CU Denver-CU Anschutz’s BS/DDS Kuwaiti Program.
Here’s a brief look at what’s next for the Class of 2021 by the numbers:
- Seventeen members of the Class of 2021 will go into private practice.
- Sixteen of our graduates will be working in corporate dentistry.
- Eleven graduates will continue their studies by attending advanced education in general dentistry residencies.
- Six plan on going into general dentistry.
- Six members of the Class of 2021 plan to pursue public health dentistry.
- Five will continue their education in pediatric dentistry residencies.
- Two grads will attend endodontic residency programs.
- Two will attend orthodontic residencies.
- One recent graduate will pursue a periodontics residency.
- One grad will attend an oral medicine residency program.
- One member of the Class of 2021 will work in general dentistry with an emphasis on cosmetic dentistry.
- Another will attend an oral maxillofacial internship.
- And, one graduate will be writing a fictional novel and children’s book.
Congratulations to the DDS Class of 2021 for all of your hard work and achievements.