Our College of Nursing Faculty has been helping local news departments with information regarding the Covid-19 virus. From graduation requirements to cloth masks to federal funding of our nurse-led clinics -- here’s a wrap up of recent news coverage.
- Fundación Contigo Progresando, 5-22-20: https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=523735924989031
- Denver 7 Nurse urges Coloradans to Follow Safer at Home Guidelines
(May 6, 2020) -- "COVID-19 is unlike anything I've seen in 20 years as an experienced nurse," said (Laura) Rosenthal, a registered nurse at University of Colorado Hospital and a professor at the college's nursing school. Rosenthal emphasized the unique nature of the virus, how she's seen it affect patients of all ages, from 25 to 99. Recently, she treated a 32-year-old man who was previously healthy but was struggling to breathe in intensive care.
- 9News Nursing students prepare to graduate during pandemic
(May 6, 2020) -- Demand for nurses continues, especially during this pandemic. “We are still seeing that… need. I think now more than ever,” said Laura Rosenthal, who has worked as a Registered Nurse for 20 years, and in Colorado as a Nurse Practitioner for 14 years. Rosenthal serves as the Vice President of the Colorado Nurses Association, is the Colorado State Representative to the American Association of Nurse Practitioners, and a volunteer for the American Red Cross. She is also an Assistant Dean for the Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) program at the University of Colorado College of Nursing.
- 9News Nursing student prepare to graduate during pandemic.
(May 6, 2020) -- 9News interviewed Dr. Laura Rosenthal and a member of the Class of 2020 about the need for nurses.
- Westword, 5-6-20: COVID-19 Update: Polis on Civil War Threat, Anti-Freedom Claims
- Fox 21 News: Gov. Polis provides Wednesday, May 6 update on Colorado coronavirus response
- Vice, 5-4-20: Vice Article on telehealth appointments with a gender-affirming provider at the Sheridan Community Clinic
- KUNC Radio, 4-29-20 interviewed Nicole Teel MS, LPC, LAC, a counselor and the substance use disorder behavioral health provider at Sheridan Health Services, regarding the reopening of businesses and will COVID-19's 'Psychological Toll' Keep Consumers Away?
- Google Alert, 4-25-20: Study finds provider capacity to expand abortion -- implications for access during COVID-19
- Denver 7, 4-20-20: CU Nursing alumna Oriana Cruz is filling in at a hard-hit hospital in New York to try to help contain the novel coronavirus.
- Denver 7 4-16-20: COVID-19 Town Hall with metro area mental health experts.
- Denver 7 4-16-20: Coronavirus changing the way people give birth
- Denver 7 4-16-20: As states call for people to wear cloth masks, some love the idea others are hesitant
Denver 7 4-9-20: Nursing students are ready to get to work, but graduation requirements stand in their way.
- 9 NEWS 4-6-20: Nursing students being turned away due to overburdened health system.
- Fox 31 3-31-20: Colorado nursing schools request waiver to graduate students, get them on the front line
- Univision 3-30-20: Sheridan Health Services was highlighted on Univision and La Invasoria radio. Both interviews focused on how Sheridan is offering services via tele medicine.
- UK Independent 3-26-20: 'We need to be pushed through': America Facing Nursing Shortage Timebomb as Coronavirus Pandemic Could Suspend Graduation for Thousands Needed on the Frontline.
- Denver Business Journal 3-25-20: Colorado critical health organizations receive first federal funding— a fraction of what they need.
- Aurora 8 3-18-20: CU Nursing's story on our very student who is a mermaid.